9/11 Memorial

I was in two minds when it came to the 9/11 Memorial as I wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not. I still remember on that day what I was doing and how I felt when I heard about the attack, it was all still to real and raw that I wasn't sure how I was going to be and how my reaction would be when seeing it all again and reliving the nightmare. But after a lot of thought I decided to go to museum and to see the memorial itself.



The first place I went was the Visitors center it's much smaller then you think and shows you letters and items from the attack, it's also a place to write messages and show your love. I felt like it was there as a place for people to come together and tell stories and remember the attack in a small safe environment. I was glad I went here first as it prepared me in a way to see the memorial and the museum.



I then went to see the impressive Memorial and was impressed by the size and how many names were there, they was a lot of people just sitting and talking there and it felt like it was a nice safe place to gather and just sit and think. The Memorial is an impressive water fall type pond with thousands of names on the wall, it's really quite grand.



Lastly I went into the 9/11 Museum is what hard to go around and see the tv clips and also to see items that once belonged to people now in a museum. The thing that hit me the most was as odd as it sounds some bikes still standing covered in dirt, I'm not sure why but this is when it all hit me and my emotions took over.



It's a really hard place to visit and it's one that I wouldn't go back to, but if you are ever in New York I would advise going just be prepared.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment