Dublin - Dublin Castle

One of my most requested places to visit when I mentioned I was off to Dublin was the castle, I love to go to castles as they always impress me on how big they are and how grand they always appear. So in the centre of Dublin on Dame Street is the castle that can't be missed!





I was impressed with the sole surviving tower The Record Tower which looks small but mighty nestled among all the newer building. What really caught my eye was the State Apartments which was a large square with all the country's flags flying high and proud which I really loved.



I loved looking at all the statues and the heads that surrounded the castle which were quirky and almost followed you as you walked around. Inside the castle it was grand and very posh with high ceilings and more impressive art work, it was very much like stepping into a movie.

The small shops outside the castle are worth a visit as they have really lovely gifts that are much better then the stock in the gift shops on the main high street.

This was one of my most loved places to visit in Dublin.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment